Did you know: The bone marrow of a child’s head absorbs 10 times more radiation than that of an adult?
A five-year-old’s brain, healthy or otherwise, is encased in a thinner skull and contains more fluid than an adult brain. According to studies carried out by industry experts, the bone marrow of a child’s head absorbs 10 times more radiation than that of an adult, while that of infants and toddlers will absorb even more. Few parents realize that infant apps such as One Fish Two Fish, Peek-a-boo Farm, and twinkle twinkle little star may do much more than amuse and distract babies. The American Academy of Pediatrics cautions that children need more real face time than screen time, more laps than apps.
Evidence on dangers to pregnancy and reproduction from cell phone use is mounting, so you should definitely pay attention to the below.
When it comes to using electronic devices near your children or around them remember:
• Don’t hold a cell phone directly up to their head or body. Even as an adult make sure to use a headset or speakerphone to talk on the phone, or a nonmetal case that has been independently tested to reduce radiation up to 90 percent.
• Pregnant women should keep cell phones away from their abdomens, and men who wish to become fathers should never keep activated phones in their pockets.
• Don’t allow children to play with or use your cell phone. Older children should use a headset or speakerphone when talking on a cell phone.
• Do not text and drive, and use specially adapted antennas for cars to avoid absorbing maximum power as the phone moves from one cell system to another.
• Turn off your wireless router at night to minimize exposure to radiation especially if you have a baby amidst you.
• Let your children eat a lot of fresh vegetables to naturally repair the DNA that may have been damaged by cell phone use.